Tradewise Solutions Pty Ltd is an accounting firm in the City of Melbourne. At Tradewise Solutions Pty Ltd, we value and recognise the importance of maintaining and protecting our client’s information. In this policy statement, Tradewise Solutions Pty Ltd, ‘us’, ’we’ and ‘our’ refers to any entity owned or controlled by Tradewise Solutions Pty Ltd.
We collect and hold the information (in hard copy and electronic formats) that you have provided to us previously and on an ongoing basis in the natural course of business. This information may have obtained from another source or from when you interacted with us. This information may include, but are not limited to your name, address, telephone numbers, lifestyle information and any other information collected in relation to your use of our products and services. The information we may collect is in direct relation to our services.
How does Tradewise Solutions collect personal information?
We collect personal information in a lawful and fair manner. Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual. At or before the time (or if that is not practicable as soon as practicable after), Tradewise Solutions Pty Ltd collects personal information from you, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware of:
- our identity and how to contact us;
- the fact that you are able to gain access to your personal information held by us;
- the purposes for which the personal information is collected;
- to whom we usually disclose personal information of that kind (if at all);
- any law that requires the particular personal information to be collected; and
- the main consequences (if any) for you if all or part of your personal information is not provided.
Generally, Tradewise Solutions collects your personal information directly from you, this is included but not limited to: your name, physical postal address, email address, phone number, username, password, demographic information, your occupation, social security number, Tax File Number, bank account details, billing information (e.g., credit card numbers) or any other information you provide through use of our services.
Tradewise Solutions collects your personal information through the completion of a manual or online form, an interaction or exchange in person or by way of telephone, facsimile, email, post or through the use of the Tradewise Solutions website, and when you provide your information via contact mailboxes, online meetings, also called virtual conferencing. We may also collect your information through other legitimate sources including, but not limited to:
- Contacting you about your contact details, such as your date of birth and gender, your current and historical employment details, your bank account details, your current and prospective financial performance and financial position, your particulars, insurance covers and superannuation;
- Contacting you with regard to any maintenance, support or general customer care issue;
- Dealing with your enquiries or complaints, and to manage any conflicts of interest or independence obligations, such as auditor independence;
- Keeping you informed about our products or services;
- Processing your orders or applications and providing you with any requested product or service;
- Providing you with a bill or a payment reminder;
- Using your particulars or details for a purpose agreed with you;
- Using your documentation for identification and verification purposes.
Generally, Tradewise Solutions will only collect your personal information from sources other than you if it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect your personal information from you, however, there may be occasions when Tradewise Solutions collects your personal information from other sources such as from:
- an entity you represent (including but not limited to your employer or a company of which you are a director), where necessary for Tradewise Solutions to provide its products and/or services to that entity through you;
- the completion of an application form by another person or entity that lists you as a director, guarantor, potential guarantor or trade reference;
- credit reporting bodies;
- other credit providers;
- an information services provider;
- a publicly maintained record or other publicly available sources of information including social media and similar websites;
- Tradewise Solutions’s own records about you, from which Tradewise Solutions may internally generate its own scores, assessments or deductions, particularly in relation to your credit worthiness;
- your regular or authorised representative
- your employer, banks or financial institutions
- tax agents
- if for recruitment purposes, an external recruitment or background screening services provider or a health service provider to obtain, where necessary and relevant, health information; or
- a government agency.
Where we collects personal information about you from third-parties, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are or have been made aware of the matters listed above except to the extent that making you aware of the matters would pose a serious threat to the life or health of any individual.
Tradewise Solutions Pty Ltd may use a third-party provider to collect information such as the number of visitors to our site per day, which pages they visit, your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number assigned to your computer whenever you access the internet), browser version, and other such data. Public IP addresses from which visitors appear to originate may be recorded for IT security and system diagnostic purposes. This information may also be used in aggregate form to conduct web site trend and performance analysis. We do not disclose, sell, or otherwise trade your personal information to third parties. We use online technology and may use a third-party provider to collect information such as the number of visitors to our site per day, which pages they visit, your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, and other such data. These providers will have access to information provided to us and are also bound by the provisions of the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 (as amended) and applicable state privacy laws.
Our Service may contain links to other sites. If you click on a third-party link, you will be directed to that site. Note that these external sites are not operated by us. Therefore, we strongly advise you to review the Privacy statement of these websites. We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Tradewise Solutions Pty Ltd will not use or disclose your personal information that we collect other than for the primary purpose for which it is collected, unless you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information for a secondary purpose or your consent has been obtained to use the information for additional purposes. We will not share your personal particulars or details, except when:
- We are required by law to provide your information to law enforcement agencies or subpoenas in relation to a court action. Please be aware that our provision of information to agencies and courts under such circumstances is compulsory. If required to provide information, we must comply with the relevant laws;
- as part of an engagement, if you are a customer, an employee, a contractor or supplier of services to one of our clients, then we may disclose your personal information as part of providing services to that client
- government or regulatory bodies or agencies, as part of an engagement or
- otherwise, (for example, the Australian Securities and Investments Commission and the Australian Taxation Office).
- It is necessary to assist an adjudicator to resolve a complaint you make about us;
- We reasonably believe we are required to do so by law;
- We want to carry out a credit check on you;We want to list any payment defaults with a credit agency;
- You formally instruct us to do so.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that all of your particulars or details that it collects, uses or discloses is accurate and stored in a secure environment accessed only by authorised persons for legitimate business purposes. There are inherent risks in storing and communicating personal information via electronic means, such as email or web forms, which are not practicable to eliminate entirely. Tradewise Solutions Pty Ltd will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, and ensure the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
You will have access to your personal information and will be able to correct your personal information as appropriate in line with your rights under applicable law. You can always send us a written request to get access and be able to correct your personal information, except where we are permitted by law to withhold such access.
We may modify this Privacy Statement from time to time. Any changes to the Privacy Statement will become effective when the updated Privacy Statement is posted on our websites. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on privacy practices at Tradewise Solutions Pty Ltd.
Tradewise Solutions Pty Ltd take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify the personal information we hold once the information is no longer needed for any purpose for which it may be used or disclosed. This requirement does not apply where the personal information is contained in a ‘Commonwealth record’ or where we are required by law or a court/tribunal order to retain your personal information.
Why does Tradewise Solutions Pty Ltd need your personal information?
Tradewise Solutions Pty Ltd may collect, hold, use or disclose your information for a number of purposes connected with our business. All information provided to Tradewise Solutions Pty Ltd is collected for the purpose of:
- providing to you our products and/or services;
- responding to your requests;
- providing you with further information about Tradewise Solutions;
- identifying and informing you of products, services and events of Tradewise Solutions or selected third parties that may be of interest you;
- accounting, billing and other internal administrative purposes;
- assessing your application for employment with Tradewise Solutions or otherwise for the purpose of engaging you as a contractor or consultant; and/or
- any other legal requirements.
Tradewise Solutions may also use your personal information for purposes related to the above purposes and for which you would reasonably expect Tradewise Solutions to do so in the circumstances, or where you have consented or the use is otherwise in accordance with law.
Where personal information is used or disclosed, Tradewise Solutions takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure it is relevant to the purpose for which it is to be used or disclosed. You are under no obligation to provide your personal information to Tradewise Solutions. However, without certain information from you, Tradewise Solutions may not be able to provide its products and/or services to you.
What kinds of personal information does Tradewise Solutions collect?
Information held by Tradewise Solutions Pty Ltd may include personal information details, individual tax accounts information, business accounts and data, self-managed superannuation fund accounts, and any relevant correspondence and communications media (like text messages, emails, SMS, etc.) related to our business records and services to clients. You may ask to see your personal information and ask to have any of it updated, corrected or deleted. We may ask you to verify your identity for such requests, to protect your privacy and that of others. You can do this by simply contacting us.
Generally, the kinds of personal information Tradewise Solutions Pty Ltd collects are:
- contact and identification information such as your name, address, telephone number and email address;
- information relating to your interests;
- where you are acting on behalf of another entity (whether as an employee, director or other representative), details of that entity and your relationship with it;
- financial information about your assets, occupation and income, account balances, account activities, payment history and transactions with us or third parties;
- details of directorships, shareholdings or other investments you hold;
- sensitive information including health information and criminal record information where you are applying for a position with Tradewise Solutions Pty Ltd and it is relevant to the recruitment process through which you must progress.
In some circumstances, Tradewise Solutions Pty Ltd may also hold other personal information provided by you.
Information is stored, accessed, and disposed of in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles provisions of the Privacy Act. Information is held for a legally required minimum statutory period of 6 years, being the statute of limitations for retention of business information and related accounts data.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Testimonials. If you provide us with a testimonial, you give us your consent to use on our website or other marketing material, your name together with your personal image and testimonial wording. You also give us permission to store this information in our secure records together with your email address and the year in which we provided you the services related to your testimonial. We will retain and use this information for its intended purpose. We process this information based on your consent.
We may use and disclose your personal information in order to inform you of products and services that may be of interest to you. In the event you do not wish to receive such communications, you can opt out by contacting Tradewise Solutions via the contact form available in our website (“Contact Us”) or through any opt out mechanism contained in a marketing communication to you.
Social Networking Services and links to other websites
We may provide links to other websites or use social networking services such as Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook to communicate with the public about our work. These sites have their own privacy policies. When you communicate with us using these services we may collect your personal information. We will only use it to help us to communicate with you and the public. The social networking service will also handle your personal information for its own purposes. You should be aware that personal information you disclose on social media sites is publicly available.