Who we are
Tradewise Solutions is an accounting firm in Melbourne. In this policy statement, Tradewise Solutions, ‘us’, ’we’ and ‘our’ refers to any entity owned or controlled by Tradewise Solutions.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect personal information in a lawful and fair manner. At or before the time (or if that is not practicable as soon as practicable after), Tradewise Solutions collects personal information from you, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware of:
• our identity and how to contact us;
• the fact that you are able to gain access to your personal information held by us;
• the purposes for which the personal information is collected;
• to whom we usually disclose personal information of that kind (if at all);
• any law that requires the particular personal information to be collected; and
• the main consequences (if any) for you if all or part of your personal information is not provided.
Tradewise Solutions is committed to protecting your personal, business and taxation information. We may collect, hold, use or disclose your information for a number of purposes connected with our business. All information provided to Tradewise Solutions is collected for the purpose of providing you with a comprehensive professional service. This is included, but not limited to:
• Contacting you about your contact details, such as your date of birth and gender, your current and historical employment details, your bank account details, your current and prospective financial performance and financial position, your particulars, insurance covers and superannuation;
• Contacting you with regard to any maintenance, support or general customer care issue;
• Dealing with your enquiries or complaints, and to manage any conflicts of interest or independence obligations, such as auditor independence;
• Keeping you informed about our products or services;
• Processing your orders or applications and providing you with any requested product or service;
• Providing you with a bill or a payment reminder;
• Using your particulars or details for a purpose agreed with you;
• Using your documentation for identification and verification purposes.
Tradewise Solutions may also collect information about you from third parties, this is included but not limited to your regular or authorised representative, your employer, banks or financial institutions, tax agents, and government agencies under approved information matching or sharing agreements. Where we collects personal information about you from third-patries, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are or have been made aware of the matters listed above except to the extent that making you aware of the matters would pose a serious threat to the life or health of any individual.
Information held by Tradewise Solutions may include personal information details, individual tax accounts information, business accounts and data, self-managed superannuation fund accounts, and any relevant correspondence and communications media (like text messages, emails, SMS, etc.) related to our business records and services to clients. You may ask to see your personal information and ask to have any of it updated, corrected or deleted. We may ask you to verify your identity for such requests, to protect your privacy and that of others. You can do this by simply contacting us.
Information is stored, accessed, and disposed of in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles provisions of the Privacy Act. Information is held for a legally required minimum statutory period of 6 years, being the statute of limitations for retention of business information and related accounts data.
We may collect information about you as you provide it to us in forms or documents through our websites, and when you provide your information via contact mailboxes, telephone and online meetings, also called virtual conferencing. This is included but not limited to: your name, physical postal address, email address, phone number, username, password, demographic information, your occupation, social security number, Tax File Number, bank account details, billing information (e.g., credit card numbers) or any other information you provide through use of our services.
Tradewise Solutions may use a third-party provider to collect information such as the number of visitors to our site per day, which pages they visit, your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number assigned to your computer whenever you access the internet), browser version, and other such data. Public IP addresses from which visitors appear to originate may be recorded for IT security and system diagnostic purposes. This information may also be used in aggregate form to conduct web site trend and performance analysis. We do not disclose, sell, or otherwise trade your personal information to third parties. We use online technology and may use a third-party provider to collect information such as the number of visitors to our site per day, which pages they visit, your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, and other such data. These providers will have access to information provided to us and are also bound by the provisions of the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 (as amended) and applicable state privacy laws.
Our Service may contain links to other sites. If you click on a third-party link, you will be directed to that site. Note that these external sites are not operated by us. Therefore, we strongly advise you to review the Privacy statement of these websites. We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Tradewise Solutions will not use or disclose your personal information that we collect other than for the primary purpose for which it is collected, unless you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information for a secondary purpose or your consent has been obtained to use the information for additional purposes. We will not share your personal particulars or details, except when:
• We are required by law to provide your information to law enforcement agencies or subpoenas in relation to a court action. Please be aware that our provision of information to agencies and courts under such circumstances is compulsory. If required to provide information, we must comply with the relevant laws;
• as part of an engagement, if you are a customer, an employee, a contractor or supplier of services to one of our clients, then we may disclose your personal information as part of providing services to that client
• government or regulatory bodies or agencies, as part of an engagement or
• otherwise, (for example, the Australian Securities and Investments Commission and the Australian Taxation Office).
• It is necessary to assist an adjudicator to resolve a complaint you make about us;
• We reasonably believe we are required to do so by law;
• We want to carry out a credit check on you;
• We want to list any payment defaults with a credit agency;
• You formally instruct us to do so.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that all of your particulars or details that it collects, uses or discloses is accurate and stored in a secure environment accessed only by authorised persons for legitimate business purposes. There are inherent risks in storing and communicating personal information via electronic means, such as email or web forms, which are not practicable to eliminate entirely. Tradewise Solutions will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, and ensure the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
You will have access to your personal information and will be able to correct your personal information as appropriate in line with your rights under applicable law. You can always send us a written request to get access and be able to correct your personal information, except where we are permitted by law to withhold such access.
We may modify this Privacy Statement from time to time. Any changes to the Privacy Statement will become effective when the updated Privacy Statement is posted on our websites. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on privacy practices at Tradewise Solutions.
Tradewise Solutions take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify the personal information we hold once the information is no longer needed for any purpose for which it may be used or disclosed. This requirement does not apply where the personal information is contained in a ‘Commonwealth record’ or where we are required by law or a court/tribunal order to retain your personal information.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Testimonials. If you provide us with a testimonial, you give us your consent to use on our website or other marketing material, your name together with your personal image and testimonial wording. You also give us permission to store this information in our secure records together with your email address and the year in which we provided you the services related to your testimonial. We will retain and use this information for its intended purpose. We process this information based on your consent.
Social Networking Services and links to other websites
We may provide links to other websites or use social networking services such as Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook to communicate with the public about our work. These sites have their own privacy policies. When you communicate with us using these services we may collect your personal information. We will only use it to help us to communicate with you and the public. The social networking service will also handle your personal information for its own purposes. You should be aware that personal information you disclose on social media sites is publicly available.